Lost and Found Pets
North Brunswick Lost Pets
Call the Non-Emergency North Brunswick Police phone number (732) 545-3200, explain that you lost your pet and ask to speak to someone in Animal Control. You can visit the North Brunswick Lost and Found Animals page for the most up to date information at https://northbrunswicknj.gov/programs_and_service/lost-and-found-animals/
Things to know
- If Animal Control has picked up your pet and it is registered with North Brunswick Township or has a working Microchip, the pet may be immediately returned to you. Otherwise, the pet is transported to Associated Humane Society shelter in Newark and held for 7 days prior to being put up for adoption or euthanized.
- North Brunswick Animal Control services are provided by New Brunswick Township in a “Shared Services” arrangement.
- You cannot go to the shelter in Newark and claim your pet.
- Animal control will deliver your pet from the shelter to you.
- Be advised, you may have to prove you own the pet by showing recent veterinarian bills, photos or other documentation.
The North Brunswick Humane Association can provide assistance in locating lost pets through social media. Please email photos and details to info@NorthBrunswickHumane.org and/or post the info to the NBHA Face Book Page
For lost pets in other townships, please contact your local Animal Control division.