North Brunswick Humane Association
November Membership Meeting
November 14, 2016 at 7:00pm
North Brunswick Township Complex
710 Hermann Road
The Meeting was Called to Order by Vincent Sheehan at 7:07pm
Opening & Introductions took place by the Membership
Attendees: Michele Andrea, Bonnie Breen, Beth Meichenbaum, Nicole Gumisa, Nancy Costello, Lisa Coletta, Dan Smith, Mary Bottean, Susan Hofmann, Vincent Sheehan, Erica Bundy, Kicia Powell, Jane Prestup, Dave Prestup
The October minutes were posted and approved.
Treasurer’s Report – treasure’s report was discussed.
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
Bilaws were read, discussed and approved.
Nominations Commiittee was explained and board positions were discussed. Two Year Terms, President, Vic President, Treasurer, Secretary and five board members. Interested parties should contact Vince for next Month’s meeting.
• Pet Food Bank – 243 cans of dog/cat food, 224 lbs of dry dog/cat food, 7 misc bags of treats
• TNR update and funding support:
50 cats in October through the 50 Feral Fix
12 additional Cats subsidized in October
Cat food distribution to Target 1 & Dayton
17 cats anticipated for November
Future Events: TNR Training at PFA on December 20, 2016
Balance in account – $3645
Programs Review – Current
• Dog Walk was smaller turn out then last year but many more adoptions
• Pizza for Paws was very successful. More details to follow.
• Dine to Donate Bertucci’s in North Brunswick November 16th 12pm- 9pm 15% is donated to NBHA if you bring flyer
• Barnes and Noble Bookfair and Giftwrapping – Saturday December 17th We need more people from 7pm to close. In addition to bookfair and giftwrapping there will be school bands and choirs from North Brunswick, an art show from students in Piscataway, and online orders of cheesecakes picked up that day. We would also like to recommend our members’ favorite book picks. Please find ISBN # to help put the list together.
We discussed doing committee’s next month
Education Committee – Leader: Vince Sheehan
P.R. /Marketing Committee – Leader: Cheryl Vitow
Fundraising/Membership Committee – Leader – Carolyn Meyers
New Business: Committee format Nominations for next year board positions.
The Meeting Adjourned at 7:53 pm
Next Meeting Monday December12, 2016