North Brunswick Humane Association
Monthly Membership Meeting
September 21, 2016 at 7:00pm
North Brunswick Township Complex
710 Hermann Road
The Meeting was Called to Order by Cheryl Vitow at 7:08pm
Attendees: Cheryl Vitow, Michele Andrea, Donna Hildreth, June Prestup, Nancy Pavley, Jennifer Peppe, Susan Keller, Jackie Gmindar, Beth Meichenbaum, Theresa Spataro, Lisa Coletta, Dan Smith, Jocelyn Caffery, Mary Bottean, Vincent Sheehan, Erica Bundy, Carol Pasgunt, MaryAnn
Opening & Introductions took place by the Membership
The June Minutes were not updated. The August minutes were posted.
The June, August and September Minutes will be read and accepted by the Membership next meeting.
Treasurer’s Report – August had about $1700 in expenses from TNR and dog walk. About $1600 was for TNR.
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
- Dog/Cat Food Bank – The Food Bank totals for August in donated dog/cat food from ShopRite, Stop & Shop & Katie’s Pet Depot were as follows: 376 pounds,127 cans of wet food and 16 bags of treats. Recipients of this food were the Franklin Shelter, North Brunswick Food Bank, Target Area 3 and All Critter’s Rescue.
- Community Cat Program – In August, 19 cats were trapped. Two kittens are in foster care now. About 700 cats have been trapped, neutered and released since beginning of the program.
- Gaming License – Dan and Carolyn are working on it.
- 50 Feral Fix – Date: Thursday, October 13 at People for Animals. The Spay shuttle was canceled due to logistics not working out. The program will still happen. NBHA will subsidize the cost of spay/neuter up to $55. The fees cover day before surgery, surgery day and recovery. Those who register will be responsible assessed for any charges over $55.
- Sit, Stay, Love Cat Adoption Anthropologie – Saturday September 24th. 11am-3pm in North Brunswick Karin Miller and Susan Keller will cover this event.
- Barnes and Noble Bookfair and Giftwrapping – Date: Saturday, December 17. We need more people for giftwrapping from 7pm to closing. As part of the Bookfair, there will be school bands and choirs from North Brunswick, an art show from students in Piscataway, and a presentation by Vince Sheehan. People can order cheese cakes online, and if they pick up on the 17th, NBHA will receive a part of the proceeds.
We would also like to recommend our members’ favorite book picks. Please find ISBN # to help put the list together.
- Pizza for Paws – Date: October 20, 5:45 pm – 9:30 pm, Adams Athletic Club – Physical tickets are printed and about 38 people have signed up so far. There will be a silent auction fundraiser. Food and drink include pizza, soda, cookies, brownies and salad. Any food donations should be accounted for in order to plan future events’ costs.
Program Review – Current
- Fundraising Updates:
- Acme Supermarket Cat Food Drive – $144 and a lot of food. More cat food needed.
- Dine to Donate – will follow up next meeting
- Dog Walk Update – 12 sponsors and 48 vendors. Thirteen rescues attending.
- Victory Subaru Pet Day – Corporate event Sat October 22 is a Pet Adoption Day. (They have also made a generous offer to cover the cost of pizza for Pizza for Paws.)
- We are coordinating with them to connect them to rescues. Colts Neck Pet Fair – $1 on Saturday and $11 on Sunday
New Business: Committee format next meeting: Education, Fundraising, event planning and other.
The Meeting Adjourned at 8:39pm
Next Membership Meeting Monday, October 17th at 7:00pm