NBHA General Meeting
July 11,2016 at 7:00pm
North Brunswick Municipal Building, 710 Hermann Road
Conference Room # 1
The Meeting was Called to Order by Dan Smith, Treasurer, at 7:00 pm
Opening & Introductions took place by the Membership
Michele Andrea, Leslie Earle, Dan Smith, Lisa Coletta, Kicia Powell, Susan Keller, Emily Trager, Karin Miller, Jane Prestup, Dave Prestup, Jackie Gminder, Bonnie Breen, Nancy Costello, Erica Bundy, Donna Hildreth
The June Minutes had not been posted on the website. We will read and approved July & June minutes at the August meeting.
Treasurer’s Report – available upon request
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
- Dog/Cat Food Bank – 188.20 lbs Dry Dog & Cat Food , 94 Cans of Wet Dog & Cat Food & 4 Sample boxes of Dog Food
- Community Cat Program – Report for June was read by Donna Hildreth. Report attached.
- Reported that the can shake at Shoprite was very successful. Thank you Susan Keller, Karin Miller, Emily Trager, Michele Andrea, Donna Hildreth, and Erica!
- Dine to Donate – Friday, July 29 at Leone’s. Leslie will circulate flyers. There will be DTD fundraiser at Houlihan’s, New Brunswick in September, and one at Bertucci’s in November.
- Car Wash Fundraiser – Sunday, July 24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, at the South Brunswick Car Wash, 980 Georges Road, Monmouth Junction. Volunteers signed up for tabling shifts. Michele will confirm with volunteers via email. NBHA will get $1.00 for every car wash. Customers who make a $5.00 donation to NBHA will receive a ticket for a free express car wash on their next visit. We hope to do one more car wash in August.
- Dog Walk – Dan Smith & Michele Andrea are co-chairs of the Dog Walk committee. Announcements have been sent to last year’s sponsors. This year, Raymour & Flaningan has agreed to be a sponsor. Members should notify Michele with suggestions for sponsors. Small prizes are need for the egg hunt winner. Gift cards values at $5.00. Noted that the Adoption portion of the Dog Walk is increasing. We are hoping to have 6 – 10 rescues at the event.
- Pizza for Paws – Tickets for this event will be $20. Tickets will be offered for sale at the next meeting. Donna Hildreth will discuss needs for the night of the event at the next meeting. Members are encouraged to donate paper plates and napkins for the event.
- All the events below are still in the planning stage. Donna Hildreth will be meeting with People for Animals to see how many spay/neuter events this year. Details to follow after meeting with PFA and report will be made at the August meeting.
- 50 Feral Fix – in October as part of National Feral Cat Day. Details to follow at August meeting.
- A Mobile Clinic in the North Brunswick area for pet cats, sponsored by NBHA – Details to follow at August meeting.
- A Mobile Clinic in the North Brunswick area for dogs under 55 lbs, sponsored by NBHA – Details to follow at the August meeting.
- A Sponsorship Program, possibly combined with the SpayShuttle for dogs over 55 lbs. The number to be decided – Details to follow at the August meeting.
- A Mobile Wellness Clinic, sponsored by NBHA – Details to follow at the August meeting.
August 2 – National Night Out
September 24 – Heritage Day
September 10 & 11 – Colt’s Neck Pet Fair
The Meeting Adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Next Meeting Monday, August 8, 2016 at 7:00pm