North Brunswick Humane Association
August Membership Meeting
7:30pm – August 12, 2013
710 Hermann Road –NB Community Complex
Conference Room #1
The Meeting Called to Order by Jay Soloway at 7:35pm
In Attendance: Michele Andrea, Jay Soloway Donna Hildreth, Judy Kosier, Dan Smith, Barbara Hillenmyer, Ellen Beagle, Sandra Erickson, Sharon Weinstein- Canavan, Diana Sichta, Erica Bundy, Carol Paszamant, Jane Prestup, David Prestup, Nancy Scalzone, Karin Miller, Lisa Russo, Helmetta Animal Control, Middlesex County Health Department and Mark Cafferty.
Opening & Introductions by the Membership took place
The July Minutes were read and a correction made with the Dog Walk date, then the minutes were accepted by the Membership
Treasurer’s Report – Vincent Sheehan – none available this month
Monthly Association Business:
- Dog/Cat Food Bank –
- Sandi Erickson reported -NBHA fed 32 cats and 6 dogs this past month
- Donation Cans Update
- – Sandi Erickson reported –YTD Collections of $302.00
Events & New Business:
- 10th Annual Dog Walk-a-Thon- October 6, 2013 –
- Committee Updates were made by Donna Hildreth, Diana Sichta, Dan Smith and Michele Andrea. Sharon Weinstein-Canavan from the Finance Committee reminded us a budget for Dog walk has not been established.
- NBHA Sponsored TNR Training
- – Donna Hildreth passed out flyers reminding members that People for Animals will be holding a NBHA sponsored Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR) training at Our Lady of Peace Recreation Center on Route 130 N on Tuesday, September 24th from 7pm-9pm. All are welcome.
- Helmetta Animal Control & Renaissance Meeting
- – Vincent Sheehan & Michele Andrea- Vincent gave a summary of the meeting held to discuss a continuation of TNR efforts at the Renaissance Village Community. Those in attendance at the meeting were North Brunswick Humane Association, the Renaissance Village Condo Homeowners Association and Property Management Co. and the Helmetta Animal Control. Helmetta Animal Control indicated all TNR efforts are illegal and must cease.
- Township Display Case
- – (NBHA’s Month is August) – The theme this year is TNR (Trap/Neuter/Return). A special thank you to Donna Hildreth, Ellen Beagle & Barbara Hillenmyer for their effort in creating this year’s theme and decorating the display case.
- L’Oreal- Rescue Bingo
- – Michele Andrea & Donna Hildreth- A thank you to Michele and Donna for working this tabling event on Saturday, August 10th. NBHA received $365.00 in donations.
- L’Oreal “Your Dog is Worth it Too Day” – Nancy Costello – No Update provided
- National Night Out
- – Update- Jay Soloway reported this was a good event.
- Heritage Day
- – Saturday, September 28th from 1pm-9pm- Jay Soloway reminded the members of this up coming event.
- Bowl-a-Thon-Jay Soloway – More to Come
- By-Law Change
- – Annual Fee Increase- Jay Soloway proposed a change in the membership fee for 2014 to $15 without a T-Shirt and $20 with a Complimentary T-Shirt. More discussion will take place by the Executive Board since this requires a By-Law change.
- The Middlesex Country Fair
- – Charity Challenge- NBHA received $43.52 in Donations
Good & Welfar4:
- Status on Yorkie/Poo Dog Rescue-
- Vincent Sheehan reported the dog has been taken to Seers Farm on a 6 month temporary status. NBHA took possession of the dog under its Organizational Umbrella. Katie’s Pet Depot Groomed the dog and got the medical care it needed.
- Claire Butkus –Claire’s new contact information will be sent to the membership
The Meeting Adjourned at 8:15pm
The next meeting is Monday, September 9, 2013 at 7:30pm