North Brunswick Humane Association
February Monthly Meeting 2/11/13
7:30 pm ET
710 Hermann Road – NB Community Complex
Employee Lounge -Basement Floor
The Meeting was called to order by Jay Soloway at 7:30pm
Attendees: Michele Andrea, Jay Soloway, Vincent Sheehan, Sandra Erickson, Donna Hildreth, Eileen Lorner, Dan Smith, Claire Butkus, Nancy Costello, J. Mark Korey, Judy Kosier, Carol Paszamant, Richard Polny, Jane Prestup, David Prestup, Gina Rojeck, Kelly Schlossberg, Linda Sheehan, Diana Sichta, Dan Smith, Anthony Turchioe, AnnMarie Walters and Sharon Weinstein-Canavan.
Opening & Introductions by the Membership took place
Michele Andrea addressed the Membership on behalf of the Executive Board on the subject of more Member active participation in non-core roles of the Association this year
The January Minutes were read and accepted by the Membership
Treasurer’s Report – Vincent Sheehan –Not available
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
- Dog/Cat Food Bank – Update- Sandi Erickson-35 cats & 5 dogs were fed this past month
- Donation Cans Update – Update – Sandi Erickson – No update provided
- Spay/Neuter Program (SNAP) – Update- Lisa Coletta – No update provided
- Tabling Events – WOW Gym Update, DCH Toyota & LA Fitness- Eileen Lorner reported- these events were held to heighten the awareness of the Stress Factory event. Donations at these events were as follows: WOW Gym-$20, LA Fitness-$22 and DCH Toyota- $277. Of the $277 at DCH Toyota, $200 came directly from the Toyota Dealership.
- Stress Factory Fundraising Efforts-– March 3rd 5pm-8:30pm – 90 Church St, New Brunswick- Eileen Lorner provided the update – the Stress factory is now allowing NBHA to use the web site to purchase tickets online with a credit or debit card. So far 21 Playbill Ads Sold for a total of $850. There are 23 individual tickets sold for a total of $920. More tickets need to be purchased. There is Playbill advertising still available. For more information go to WWW.NORTHBRUNSWICKHUMANE.org.
- Open House Membership Drive – March 10th– 12pm-3pm – Vincent Sheehan reported this event would be held at the Club House at Deer Brook Village, 6 Deerbrook Blvd, North Brunswick. A motion was passed for a Budget of $250 for the event with an additional $300 for A Direct Mail postcard to Licensed Dog & Cat owners in North Brunswick Township. There will be a combination of donated food and beverages and some NBHA members will bring prepared food from their homes. We have a Veterinarian and Trainer booked who will provide educational presentations.
For more information go to: WWW.NORTHBRUNSWICKHUMANE.org.
- Flea Market /Rummage Sale – May 18th – 8am-2pm– NB Township Complex Parking Lot at 710 Hermann Road. Sharon Weinstein Canavan & Eileen Lorner are the event Co-Chair Persons. A motion was passed for a $500 budget. We are looking for Vendors for this event as well as Donations of Merchandise.
CONTACT SHARON AT: email@example.com to DONATE MERCHANDISE OR
INTERESTED IN A VENDOR SPACE CONTACT EILEEN AT:(732) 220- 1320 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cat Adoption Day– June 8th- Lisa Coletta & Lora Muckin-No update provided-More to Come
- Virtual Food Bank– This was another channel provided to us by Lou Ann Benson, Director of Parks & Recreation. Sandra Erickson did the research on a new opportunity with YouGiveGoods.LLC at www.YouGiveGoods.com and reported that it is doable for NBHA. NBHA sets up a Virtual Pet Food Bank and people that go onto the site purchase food from YouGiveGoods,LLC. The company then packs up and ships at no cost to NBHA all the food that has been purchased for our food bank. More to come when the setup is complete.
Reminder the Dog & Cat Food Bank is low on pet food, especially Cat Food.
For donation locations go to WWW.NORTHBRUNSWICKHUMANE.org.
- Simon Malls– Memorial Day Weekend- Brunswick Square and Menlo Park Malls-Jay Soloway & Sandra Erickson will lead these 2 tabling events.
Good & Welfare
- Simon Malls contact Jay Soloway about starting a PET ADOPTION OF THE MONTH campaign.
The logistics have to be worked out
Donna Hildreth reported that June 11th is No Kill Advocacy Day– Suspend Killing Animals for this Day. NBHA will draft a letter to Middlesex County ASPCA in support of this effort.
- Happy 10th Anniversary North Brunswick Humane Association. The Membership enjoyed a delicious cake from Sweet Double D’s Bake Shop of North Brunswick
- The next meeting is Monday, March 11, 2013
- The Meeting Adjourned 8:30pm