North Brunswick Humane Association
March Monthly Meeting (3/12/12)
7:30 pm ET
710 Hermann Road –NB Community Complex
Conference Room #1
- The meeting called to order by Jay Soloway at 7:32pm
- In Attendance: Not Available
- Opening & Introductions by the Membership took place
- The February Minutes read and accepted – Membership
- Treasurer’s Report- deferred by Vincent – no update
- Dog/Cat Food Bank – Update by Sandi- we fed 32 cats
and 13 dogs since last month. A special thank you to the Old Bridge
Shelter who helped us get through the food requirements since the demand
is growing. Michele will send out an email blast to remind the members we
have a new site at Acme Supermarket in Milltown.
- Donation Cans Update - Update by Sandi please think
of new places where we can place our donation cans. Contact Sandi with the
Eileen suggested we send Thank You Notes to those stores that allow us to place
our cans at checkout. Michele will send the Thank You Notes/Letters.
New BUSINESS & EVENTS
- Volunteer Opportunities
Mark Cafferty- NB Animal Control Officer & Emergency Management Officer of
NB as suggested that during the hurricane last summer, animals not allowed
in local shelters but some High Schools were open to sheltered pets only.
Only 1 person took advantage of this. Let’s give some thought to how we
can get volunteers to care for the pets and the community aware of the
- Super Cat Adoption Day- Update –Jay provided an update.
The date is still Saturday, June 9th -10am -3pm. There will be
local Animal Shelters participating, a Vet on premises, music, food etc.
More to come…
- Flea Market/Rummage Sale- Update- Saturday, May 19th
-8am-2pm in the NB Township Complex. We have 10 committed vendors so far,
155 Vendor Sign Up forms handed out. More to come…
- Educational Series – Update- Claire –signup sheets
were handed out to fill open positions.
- Coldwater Creek Event- is planned for Saturday, March
31st – Jay & Claire will run the event. A shopper is
provided with a coupon and receives additional discounts at the point of
sale for a donation to NBHA.
- Mall Dates – looking at May 26th
in the Menlo Park & Brunswick Square Malls –Jay & Sandy will run
- SNAP Program
Update- Lisa- deferred to next month
- Adopt –a-Pet Program-Jay – deferred to next month to
allow for brainstorming on the components for the program that will target
“hard to adopt” pets.
Good & Welfare
- Thank You to Diana Sicta for the Animal CPR course she provided at a discount to
- The next meeting is Monday, April 9, 2012
- The meeting adjourned at 8:14pm