North Brunswick Humane Association
January Monthly Meeting (1/9/12)
7:30 pm ET
710 Hermann Road –NB Community Complex
Conference Room #1
- The Meeting was called to order at 7:35pmby Jay Soloway
- Attendees: Michele Andrea, Jay Soloway, Sandi Erickson, Vincent Sheehan, Linda Sheehan, Eileen Lorner, Beth Shamy, Brenda Sauer, Diana Sichta, Claire Butkus, Donna Doherty, Christa Von Peters, Judy Kosier, Lisa Coletta, Dan Smith,Kelly Schlossberg, Gina Rojek, Kari DeLeon
- Opening & Introductions took place by the Membership
- The December Minutes were read and accepted by the Membership
- Treasurer’s Report- Vincent Sheehan reported a Total Cash Balance of $50,353.20 with Revenue of $211.55 and Expenses of $1288.21.
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
- Dog/Cat Food Bank Update– Sandi reported we disbursed extra food to families prior to the holidays, so we did not have many calls so far in January.
- Donation Cans Update – Sandi Update – we made $167 from Donation Cans. Sandi is looking for help from the membership in placing more donation cans in local businesses. Please contact her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW BUSINESS & EVENTS
- 2012 Election of NBHA Officers – The results of the 2012 NBHA Board Member Elections were as follows: Jay Soloway, President, Sandra Erickson, Vice-President, Vincent Sheehan, Treasurer, Michele Andrea, Secretary, and Erica Bundy, Public Relations Officer. Congratulations to all! Thank you to the membership for your participation in this important process.
- Cat Adoption Day- Update – Jay reported the last planning meeting was held on January 3rd. The event is Saturday, June 9th from 10am-3pm. Progress is being made by the team. Thanks to Lora and Lisa the team has reviewed a 1st draft of the criteria and guidelines by which the event and the Rescue organizations participating will have to follow.
- Flea Market/Rummage Sale- Update– Jay reported the last planning meeting was held on January 5th. This event is going to be mainly Vendors selling their wares. Sharon and Eileen have handed out roughly 100 flyers to vendors at local venues. Eileen will place an advertisement on Craig’s List. NBHA will not sell any Furniture, Books or TV’s
- Membership Renewal Dues in February –Michele announced membership renewals for 2012 are due in the month of January and February. The dues are $10.00 and you can pay by cash or check at the February meeting. If you can’t make the meeting you can mail a check to NBHA, P.O. ox 7522,North Brunswick,New Jersey08902.
- Cat Adoption Event- Jay asked for volunteers to fill an open Committee Lead position for the Donations & Sponsor Committee. Two members stepped up to take on this role, Kari DeLeon and Kelly Schlossberg. Thank you Ladies.
- WWW.GoodSearch.com- Sandi talked about how NBHA can earn dollars by anyone who uses this web site. It’s a search engine website. Any time you have to search for merchandise or services, NBHA gets a $.01 a search. It can add up. We encourage you to use it. At the top of the web site it states “Search, Shop or Dine, we Donate to Your Favorite Cause”. Just type in North Brunswick Humane Association and click Get Started.
- Thank You Beth Shamy for stepping up to assist Erica in the Public Relation’s Office responsibilities.
Good & Welfare
- Sayreville No-Kill Animal Shelter in Danger of Closing – The breakfast at Applebee’s on Saturday, January 7th was a big success. Thank you to all that participated.
- Free Rabies Clinic – Reminder – North Brunswick Township Complex-January 14th from1pm-4pm
- The next meeting isMonday, February 13, 2012
- The Meeting was adjourned at 9:10pm