North Brunswick Humane Association
December Monthly Meeting (12/12/11)
7:30 pm ET
710 Hermann Road –NB Community Complex
Conference Room #1
- Meeting called to order by Jay Soloway at 7:35p
- Attendees: Michele Andrea, Jay Soloway, Vincent Sheehan, Erica Bundy, Sandi Erickson, Brenda Sauer, Eileen Lorner, Claire Butkus, Zoltan Braz, Dan Smith, Lisa Coletta, Alex Bobev, Annemarie Walters, Sharon Weinstein-Canavan, Judy Kosier,Carol Paszamant and Jane Prestup
- Opening & Introductions took place by the Membership
- The November Minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s Report was read by Vincent Sheehan with $445 in Dog Walk Deposits, $48 in Misc. Donations and $1234 in Expenses for Renewal of NBHA Liability Insurance
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
- Dog Park Bulletin Board– Michele provided new flyers to replace the ones currently in the bulletin board. Jay will take care of it.
- Dog/Cat Food Bank Update– Sandi reported over 30 + cats and 10 dogs fed in the past month. The number of needy families has increased. The Food Bank is in dire need of both wet and dry Dog Food and wet Cat Food.
- Donation Cans Update – Sandi reported we are in need of volunteers to place donation cans in additional areas.
NEW BUSINESS & EVENTS
- General Election- Nomination of Officers – Jay Soloway in the absence of the immediate past president and acting (as member ex officio) and on behalf of the Nominating Committee of Lisa Coletta, Michele Andrea, Vincent Sheehan, announced those members being nominated for Office in the upcoming 2012 new term. Those nominated were Erica Bundy- Public Relations Officer, Sandra Erickson- Vice President, Michele Andrea-Secretary and Vincent Sheehan-Treasurer. Jane Prestup nominated David Prestup for Public Relations Officer (David was not present for the nomination). Pursuant to the NBHA By-Laws, David will have to accept his nomination by emailing his intent to the nominating committee before the January elections. Jane also nominated Eileen Lorner for Vice President.
- Cold Water Creek Event– Michele reported the tabling event took place on Sunday, December 11th from12pm-4pm at the store in the Shoppes of North Brunswick. ColdWater Creek was giving 40% off all sales with an additional 10% (total 50%) for donations of any amount to NBHA. The team of Annemarie Walters, Claire Butkus, Jane & David Prestup worked the event and we thank you. The total donations for the day were $95.00.
- Cat Adoption Day- Update – Jay reported this event will take place onJune 9, 2012 from10am-3pm in Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church Recreation Hall on Route 130 North. Local Animal Rescue and Shelter groups will attend by invitation only. More to come as the project processes.
- Flea Market/Rummage Sale- Update– Jay reported this event will take place onMay 19, 2012 from8am-2pm in the North Brunswick Municipal Building Parking Lot. Any Vendors wanting to participate at a $15 per space or $25 for 2 spaces can contact Eileen Lorner at 732-220-1320. A vendor is defined as anyone selling goods.
- The North Brunswick Library Food Drive for Animals– Zoltan Braz representing the Library announced they will hold another food drive in the upcoming year, benefiting NBHA, in the month of February 2012
- Reminder Elections of Officers-at the January 2012 Meeting
Good & Welfare
- Update on the East Brunswick Cat Situation – This endeavor in partnership with concerned citizens, J. Mark Korey & Wendy Demars, NBHA & Karma Cat & Zen Dog was a true success story. Michele reported that all three cats Mother Cat (Ghost) and the two Kittens (Sadie & Bullseye) were rescued. A special thank you to Christy from Karma Cat & Zen Dog Rescue who worked diligently with Mark and Wendy to trap the cats and get them to the proper facilities & homes for the necessary care and treatment they will need. NBHA was instrumental in funding the entire endeavor. A wonderful ending.
- A special Thank You to Brenda Sauer for her lovely Holiday Card sent to all NBHA members.
- Next Meeting is –January 9,2012
- The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm