North Brunswick Humane Association
November Monthly Meeting (11/14/11)
7:30 pm ET
710 Hermann Road –NB Community Complex
Conference Room #1
- The Meeting was called to order by Jay Soloway at 7:30pm
- In Attendance: Jay Soloway, Sandi Erickson, Michele Andrea, Vincent Sheehan, Erica Bundy, Wendy Demers, Brenda Sauer, J Mark Korey, Mark Cafferty, , Clarie Butkus, Beth Shamy, Dan Smith, Lisa Colletta, Judy Kosior, Rosemarie Walters, Eileen Lorner, Lora Muckin, Sharon Weinstein-Canavan, Donna Doherty, Christine Arlotta, Katie Nordhaus, Donna Hildreth, Diana Sichta and Kelly Schlossberg
- Opening & Introductions of the membership took place
- The October Minutes were read and accepted by the Membership
- Treasurer’s Report was presented by Vincent Sheehan-Total Revenue – $7,196.82 and Total Expense -$ 7527.30. Total Cash on Hand as of 11/14/11- $49,403.52.
MONTHLY ASSOCIATION UPDATES:
- Dog Park Bulletin Board– We want to thank Lix Angel for cleaning up the bulletin board at the Dog Park.
- Dog/Cat Food Bank Update– Sandi – We received a gift of600 lbs of dog food and200 lbs of cat food from an anonymous donor. We are still in need of Wet Dog & Cat Food.
- Donation Cans Update– Sandi – A sign up sheet was passed out for members to take some cans with them tonight for distribution.
- Update on Mall Events– Halloween Weekend- Jay reported we made net $415.85 from both the Menlo Mall and the Brunswick Square Mall.
NEW BUSINESS & EVENTS
- Cold Water Creek Tabling Event– Sunday, December 11th – 12pm-5pm- Ann Marie shared with the membership the coupon ColdWater Creek is passing out to their customers asking for their support of NBHA. In turn any free will donation will receive an additional 10% off at the register. This is in addition to any other sales promotion the store maybe doing at that time. Michele will send out a flyer to the membership on the event. A sign up sheets was passed out during the meeting for those interested in working the event. Anyone interested in working this tabling event, please contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cat Adoption Day- Jay- Saturday, April 21, 2012- Jay-by invitation only to non-profit Animal Rescues and Shelters. Lisa raised a question regarding the event date and should we hold this event after Kitten season. Some discussion ensued and a decision will be made on the date and other factors at the November 28th Organizational meeting. A sign up sheet was passed out during the meeting.
- Cat Adoption Day- Open Organizational Meeting– will be held to discuss the detail around this event on Monday, November 28th-7:00pm in theMunicipalBuilding – Lunchroom Basement-All Are Welcome.
- Flea Market/Rummage Sale-Saturday, May 19, 2012-Jay – the concept of this event is to have Vendors buying a table and sell their goods. NBHA will sell their donated goods as well. Eileen will handle the Flea Market segment of the event and Jay and Sharon will handle the Rummage Sale segment. Flea market being selling spaces to the vendors and the Rummage Sale portion is where NBHA will be selling their goods.
- Dog Park- Michele will contact Lou Ann about the dog park. The small dog side is missing the bungee cord and the door doesn’t stay closed. The gravel part has holes and there is a concern that either a human or dog may trip and hurt themselves.
- Modell Coupons– we have a lot left for distribution. If anyone wants any, please contact Jay email@example.com.
- January –A special Flyer via email blast will go out regarding the Free Rabies Clinic for Dogs & Cats onJanuary 14,2012,1:00pm to 4:00pm (snow date1-21-12) at the NB Community Complex,710 Hermann Road.
- Muscle Maker Grill – Michele reported this new restaurant in town wants to partner with NBHA on a Dog Adoption Day. NBHA will get a portion of any restaurant purchase. More to Come.
- Good Search.Com- Sandi has set up NBHA as a Supporter on this web site. The website allows a user to shop online and or use the site as a search engine and NBHA receives a financial contribution without any purchase.
- Feral Cats in East Brunswick- Wendy & Mark joined us this evening to inform us that inEast Brunswick off ofEdgeboro Road by the old dump there is a dumping ground for feral cats. They have personally placed 28 kittens and have 4 left. NBHA has agreed to fund the spay/neuter of the 3 feral Cats. Christie from Karma Cats will help with the trap, spay/neuter and recovery of the animals.
- General Election-REMINDER- Nomination of Officers –to be held at the December Meeting
- Elections of Officers- January 2012 Meeting
Good & Welfare
- Save Feral Cats at Middlesex Presbyterian Church- Donna spoke about this subject. According to the church the board health in Middlesex Borough initiated the removal of these cats from the church property. There is a scheduled meeting this Wednesday in which decisions on the fate of these cats will be made. We need everyone to start a writing campaign. Eileen recommended we contact the news media. She offered to do so. NBHA as an organization will send a letter to the editor. A flyer was sent out earlier this week with the details. If you need those details again, please contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Meeting adjourned at 8:37pm
- The Next Meeting is –December 12, 2011