North Brunswick Humane Association
August Monthly Meeting (8/8/11)
7:30 pm ET
710 Hermann Road –NB Community Complex
Conference Room #1
- The meeting was called to order by Jay Soloway at 7:35pm
- Attendees: Michele Andrea, Jay Soloway, Vincent Sheehan, Sandi Erickson, Erica Bundy, Lisa Colletti, Dan Smith, Claire Butkus, AnnMaire Walters, Brenda Sauer, Christa Von Peters, Alex Bobev, Sharon Weinstein-Canavar, Lixangel Daniel and Jane & Dave Prestup
- Opening & Introductions were made by the Membership
- July Minutes were read and accepted
- The Treasurer’s Report was presented by Vincent Sheehan. The opening balance as of 6/1/11 was $50,935.71 with deposits made of $3605.86 and disbursements of $3645.24, with pending deposits of $49.58 and disbursements of $1500.00, leaving an ending balance of $49,445.91.
Updates from July Meeting:
- Township Display Case Update- Sandy reported that the Month of August is NBHA History Month- we encourage all of you to visit the display case in the Township Lobby. A huge Thank You to Brittany Gordon and Laura Curry from the NB High School PAWS organization for setting up the display for NBHA.
- Save a Senior Cat Program Update- Eileen launched this program on July 29th with 10 local Rescue Organizations. We will follow the progress closely.
- Spayed & Neutering Subsidy Update– Lisa reported that the program is fully launched with all grants disbursed to the initial 8 Rescue Organizations. Phase 2 of this program will be a fast follower in which NBHA will create a voucher system between the community and local veterinarian hospitals to provide this service at a reduced rate. A separate meeting to discuss the details will be setup.
- North Brunswick Dog Park -Bulletin Board– Lixangel Daniel will take on the responsibility of maintaining the bulletin board. Thank you.
- Dog/Cat Food Bank Update– Sandi reported 27 cats and 16 dogs were feed last month through the food bank program. The food bank is in desperate need for wet and dry cat food. Please donate at our two locations in the ShopRite Supermarket on route 130 in the Renaissance or at Stop & Shop on Route 27.
- Donation Cans Update– No change from last meeting
- Fundraising T- Shirts – Sandi is working with the t-shirt company on the new design of NBHA t-shirts. Additional she will follow up on hats and bandanas for the dogs.
- NBHA Business Cards- Lisa and Dan have created business cards for the board members and anyone who is head of a committee
- Middlesex County Fair Update – August 1st– August 7th – Jay reported due to a mix up will did not participate this year.
- National Night Out Update– August 2nd from (5pm-8pm) – Jay reported NBHA participated and we collect $15 in donations.
- L’Oreal Update–Your Dog is Worth It too Day- Saturday- August 20th– 9am – 4pm – Sandi will head this event with many members participating.
- Bowl-a-Thon – Saturday, September 10th – Jay handed out flyers which will be placed in local businesses. The event is a good value for what the participant gets. Look for you’re the flyer or go on our web site at www.northbrunswickhumane.org.
- Heritage Day Event– Saturday, September 24th 12pm -5pm-Babbage Park-We need more member participating working this event. Please contact Michele if you are interested.
- 8th Annual NBHA Dog Walk–a-Thon – Sunday, October 2nd – 1pm- 4pm- North Brunswick Community Park on Route 130-Michele reported we have signed up 6 Silver Sponsors and 12 Vendors to date. The month of August will be spent signing up Sponsors and Vendors. If anyone knows of a Sponsor or Vendor who would like to participate, please contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-713-3532. The month of September will be spent on Individual Registrations, hanging signs and final arrangements.
- Cold Water Creek Event– Ann Marie reported we can have a tabling event anytime we want in which NBHA gets a percentage from any sale. More to come.
- Next Mall Event– Halloween Weekend- Jay reported this event is still scheduled for Halloween weekend. More to come.
- Next Meeting is September 12th
- The meeting adjourned at 9:00pm